Colossians 3:15–17 (ESV)
15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Just be present.
Is this a sentence you’ve ever had to preach to yourself? In these days, when there is much to process, it’s not difficult to get caught up and pulled away in thought. Can you relate? When this happens to me, I’m so grateful for a wife who graciously grabs my attention and welcomes me back to the moment. You know, there is something about not just being in the room but being fully present. There is grace, comfort, security, and love found in being present with the people you love. The ministry of presence is most noticed in the big moments, but I’d like to suggest that it might possibly be most missed in the little ones. In these days, let’s keep preaching to ourselves…just be present.
This Sunday, we are going to learn how to enjoy the presence of Christ. Imagine that, if the presence on a horizontal level is so powerful, how much more is the ministry of Christ’s presence with us? Take some time and read Colossians 3:15-17 and consider words like rule and dwell. Take some time to consider Christ’s peace ruling and the Word of Christ dwelling in you. This is an incredible passage that has helped me to ask graciously of the Lord, “Please be present with me.” In grace, this is a request that our God loves to receive and answers in love. No matter where we are this Sunday, let’s all tune in together and enjoy the ministry of Christ’s presence among us.
Here are the songs we’ll be singing to help you prepare for worship.
Love you, Church!
9:00 AM – Worship Service
10:15 AM – Meet in Small Groups on Zoom
10:15 AM – Guest Connection
10:15 AM – Student Prayer (Grades 6-12)
7:00 PM – Consider Mission
Everything below and more is available both on our mobile app and on our website.
- Mission Church App – mission-church.com/app
- Mission Church Website – mission-church.com
Mission Kids Resources – Click Here
Sunday Online Only Worship Service at 9:00 AM
- Mission Church App for Apple TV or Roku – search from your Smart TV App Store
- Mobile App for Apple, Android, or Amazon tablets and phones – mission-church.com/app
- Mission Church Website – live.mission-church.com
- Facebook – facebook.com/missionchurchpa
Online Giving – mission-church.com/give-now
Friendship Register – Click Here
Bulletin & Notes – Click Here
Zoom App for any device– Click Here (to prepare to connect to Small Group, Student Ministry, and Prayer Online Gatherings – individual links will sent each week by small group and student ministry leaders)
Need a Small Group? If you are not connected with a Small Group, please click here to email Lisa Self, our Ministry Director of Hospitality & Assimilation. She will connect you with a group for Sunday morning.
Small Group Discussion Questions
- Who would make it into your Top 10 list of people you love spending time with? Outside of your family, who would you love to spend time with?
- Pastor Jerry mentioned a list of things that people seek after and feel they need to experience peace. Did any of those resonate with you? How can we practically allow the peace of Christ to rule in us and guide us?
- How are you processing the thought of giving Christ the keys to your heart? If the measurement of Christ’s presence in our lives is desiring and living by His Word, how would you say you are doing?
- The thought concerning the power of a name was pretty powerful. What does it look like for us to do all things in the name of Jesus? What does living a thankful life have to do with living for Christ?