The Culinary Track is where you’ll develop your excitement for food and your creativity in the kitchen to honor God and serve your family!
IN THE CULINARY TRACK YOU WILL:
- Learn and practice following a recipe and basic measuring skills, while creating a Camp Rock Kids Cookbook throughout the week.
- Develop basic knife skills* and food preparation techniques (flipping pancakes, working with dough, peeling and spreading, cracking eggs, cooking on the stovetop, and more!)
*Age-appropriate knife usage and supervision will be applied to ensure the safety of all the children
- Work as a team to create some awesome food and enjoy it together.
- Walk away at the end of the week with the ability to serve your family by creating a meal (or parts of it!) in your home kitchen.
- Learn that food is a gift and how God intends for it to nourish us and connect us to both Him and each other.
- Have the opportunity to perform these new skills for the Camp Rock Showcase on Sunday, July 28!
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- You must have completed grades 1-7 to be a part of this track.
- You should wear your Camp Rock T-shirt each evening (you will receive this the first day of camp). You will also receive a Camp Rock apron to be worn each night as we work in the kitchen.
- You will receive a short list of kitchen tools that we are asking each camper to bring along with them on the first night to be used throughout the week.
- You will be working as a team: so bring a great attitude, your creativity, and be ready to work together!
We are super excited to cook something up with you this summer!
GET READY TO ROCK!