Are you a passionate leader looking to make disciples of Jesus Christ and advance the mission of His Church in the setting of a growing and expanding local church? As a member of our team, you’ll care for numbers of our church family, partner with a motivated staff and lay leader team, and have impact that reaches far beyond the local church.
ABOUT MISSION CHURCH
At Mission Church we are passionate about making disciples who are loved and sent to the glory of God.
Our obedience to this mission is the foundation of every Mission Church ministry. From worship services to Children’s, Student, and Adult Ministries, Small Groups, Biblical Soul Care, and more, our chief aim is to make authentic disciples of Christ who are committed to the mission of the church, to maturity, ministry and multiplication. As a church, we want to be about these pursuits: Fervent Prayer, Biblical Preaching, Passionate Worship, Purposeful Disciple-Making and Care, Courageous Evangelism, and Strategic Church-Planting and Networking.
This position is responsible for weekly bookkeeping and overall financial administrative support.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes and deposits offerings and other incomes received by the church
- Prepares and distributes weekly stewardship report
- Processes payments of invoices and related A/P functions
- Manages and reconciles credit cards held by staff members and volunteers
- Ensures giving records are provided to contributors by generating and distributing end-of-year statements
- Manages online giving (including funds)
- Completes monthly bank reconciliation
- Processes and completes payroll
- Assists in providing data necessary to Treasurer so they can prepare and complete the annual budget
- Assists Treasurer with other tasks
- Analyzes giving records, compiles data, and informs Elders of key data points
- General Staff Responsibilities
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Orders and maintains office supplies
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THIS JOB?
- Leader with servant attitude
- Passion to equip volunteers
- Problem solver
- Desire to implement vision
- Self-disciplined with attention to detail
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO THIS JOB
- Efficient time management skills
- Able to navigate various social media platforms
- Good people skills
- Basic bookkeeping and experience with QuickBooks
- Minimum basic working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum basic working knowledge and experience with Mac OS and productivity is helpful, but not required
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
- Strong understanding of the mission of Mission Church
- Must be a member of Mission Church or become a member upon employment along with participation in a small group
- Must adhere to the Mission Church Gospel & Discipleship Statement
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate the needs of the church
- Must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license
Please complete and send an application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Mission Church, Attn: Christina Lott, 651 Lampeter Road, Lancaster PA 17602.