Are you a passionate leader looking to make disciples of Jesus Christ and advance the mission of His Church in the setting of a growing and expanding local church? As a member of our team, you’ll care for numbers of our church family, partner with a motivated staff and lay leader team, and have impact that reaches far beyond the local church.
ABOUT MISSION CHURCH
At Mission Church we are passionate about making disciples who are loved and sent to the glory of God.
Our obedience to this mission is the foundation of every Mission Church ministry. From worship services to Children’s, Student, and Adult Ministries, Small Groups, Biblical Soul Care, and more, our chief aim is to make authentic disciples of Christ who are committed to the mission of the church, to maturity, ministry and multiplication. As a church, we want to be about these pursuits: Fervent Prayer, Biblical Preaching, Passionate Worship, Purposeful Disciple-Making and Care, Courageous Evangelism, and Strategic Church-Planting and Networking.
This position provides administrative support to the Mission Church staff.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communication and Data Management
- Updates website with current events, communications, and other data as needed
- Executes social media plan and keeps social media outlets current
- Assists with overall communication to the church through the composing of email, editing, formatting, and sending
- Maintain database including groups for small groups, serving teams, classes, Mission Kids, Mission Students, etc
- Create and print weekly sermon notes
- Prepare slides needed for weekly worship and message
- Create announcement slides in Keynote or ProPresenter
- Edit and upload the sermon audio and video to the website and app
- Report song usage to CCLI
- General Staff Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for special events
- Communicates and processes background checks for staff, elders, childcare, student, and other volunteers
- Updates monthly prayer requests
- Input weekly records in database regarding attendance, visitors, class attendance, small groups, and other information as needed
- Assists Senior Pastor with calendaring and scheduling
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THIS JOB?
- Leader with servant attitude
- Passion to equip volunteers
- Problem solver
- Desire to implement vision
- Self-disciplined with attention to detail
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO THIS JOB
- Efficient time management skills
- Able to navigate various social media platforms
- Good people skills
- Minimum basic working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum basic working knowledge and experience with Mac OS and productivity is helpful, but not required
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
- Strong understanding of the mission of Mission Church
- Must be a member of Mission Church or become a member upon employment along with participation in a small group
- Must adhere to the Mission Church Gospel & Discipleship Statement
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate the needs of the church
- Must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license
Please complete and send an application and resume to email@example.com or mail to Mission Church, Attn: Christina Lott, 651 Lampeter Road, Lancaster PA 17602.