Are you a passionate leader looking to mobilize people and resources to make disciples of Jesus Christ and advance the mission of His Church in the setting of a growing and expanding local church? As a member of our team, you’ll have direct ministry to numbers of volunteers, partnership with a motivated staff team, and impact that reaches far beyond the local church.
ABOUT MISSION CHURCH
At Mission Church we are passionate about making disciples who are loved and sent to the glory of God.
Our obedience to this mission is the foundation of every Mission Church ministry. From worship services to Children’s, Student, and Adult Ministries, Small Groups, Biblical Soul Care, and more, our chief aim is to make authentic disciples of Christ who are committed to the mission of the church, to maturity, ministry and multiplication. As a church, we want to be about these pursuits: Fervent Prayer, Biblical Preaching, Passionate Worship, Purposeful Discipleship & Care, Courageous Evangelism, and Strategic Church-Planting & Networking.
This position will provide pastoral leadership by preaching and teaching, shepherding, and overseeing the church with doctrinal integrity, servant-leadership, and accountable management.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill the responsibility of an Elder
- Preach, teach and lead weekly worship services
- Weekly worship service
- Lead and administrate the business activities of the church
- Oversee and coordinate discipleship, shepherding care, assimilation, outreach and partnerships
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THIS JOB?
- Desires the work of pastoral ministry
- Leader with a desire to develop and implement vision
- Exhibits servant leadership
- Shepherd with the ability to care for the spiritual needs of the congregation
- Teacher with an ability to handle God’s Word faithfully
- Exhibits discernment that understands the heart dynamics in people
- Self-disciplined with attention to detail
- Passion to equip new leaders and volunteers
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO THIS JOB
- Significant ministry experience including preaching and teaching
- Experience managing people
- Aptitude for administrative functions
- Minimum basic working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to use of common office productivity, church facility management, and database software systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Efficient time management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience and ability to provide organizational leadership
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
- Strong understanding of the mission of Mission Church
- Must be a member of Mission Church or become a member upon employment along with participation in a small group
- Must adhere to the Mission Church statement of faith and constitution
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate the needs of the church
- Willing to travel as needed
- Must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license
Please complete and send an application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Mission Church, Attn: Christina Lott, 651 Lampeter Road, Lancaster PA 17602.
Please include contact information for three references: a pastor/ministry leader reference, a professional reference, and a non-family, character witness.