- Let’s take a moment to reflect on the call to faithfulness we see in the Parable of the Talents. (Matthew 25) Based on what the Lord has entrusted to you, what will be your next generous step of faith?
- In the second point we learned that faithfulness leads to freedom and that our generosity is a privileged act of worship. How does seeing the principle of tithes and offerings from Malachi 3:8-10 from the perspective of grace encourage and motivate you?
- Our third step on the path of generosity moved us from freedom to fruitfulness. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 gave us five principles for fruitful generosity. Consider how these principles will lead us to fruitfulness and multiplied impact:
- We reap what we sow (vs. 6)
6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
- We must decide in our own heart (vs. 7)
7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion…
- We are to give cheerfully (vs. 7)
…for God loves a cheerful giver.
- We receive God’s promise of grace and care (vs. 8)
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you…
- We must use our sufficiency for good work (v. 8)
…so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- The fourth and last point reminded us that the path of multiplication is leading us to a strong future of generously sharing Jesus. Who can you share Jesus with today?